Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Can a 5 year old dress as a boy?


Yesterday Reagan comes to me and says:
"Mom, I need to dress up as a boy tomorrow"

I question:
"How come?"


Reagan:
"Well, mom...Kastle (a boy she has a crush on...) doesn't want to play with me.
He only wants to play with boys...so if I dress up as a boy then he will want to play with me."

I said:
"Okay...whatever"

The next morning she woke up and the first thing out of her mouth:
"Mom, I don't have any boy clothes...what can I wear?"

Oh Jeez!!!

I told her to wear some jeans, and I would get her a shirt from the DI pile that Kaleb can't wear anymore. She then proceeded to tell me that we needed to put her hair into a baseball cap.
She is convinced that Kastle will believe she is a boy.
And then he will play with her...

We put her hair in a ponytail and then put the hat on...
She looked in the mirror and then said,
"Mom...I still look like a girl"
My only response was,
"Well you are a girl"

She makes me laugh...and she is determined to wear this costume to capture a boy's heart.
How many times will it take before she understands that she needs
FRIENDS not BOYFRIENDS?

I am in for a doozie!

1 comment:

  1. But holy SMOKES she looks like Kaleb dressed up like that! At first glance I was trying to figure out how his hair got so long! :)

    ReplyDelete